Thursday, January 28, 2010

Insane In the Membrane

I'm not sure if anyone's seen the infomercial for Beachbody Insanity, but I got the DVDs. It all started with me sitting in my friend Zach's basement when he put it on just to see what it would be like. I saw it and thought to myself "this looks pretty easy". It's a 60 day work out program in which you use your body strength to get into shape. You get one day a week to rest, the rest of the days you are intensely working out for about 45 minutes. The idea of it is that you work your hardest for every minute, doing the one action, it could be jumping jacks, squats, push ups, or anything else that they have you do. You take a break for about 15 seconds in between.
I started it today. I was sweating. And by sweating I mean dripping. Chancho and I have decided to do this work out together, he was drenched. It looked like he got stuck out in the rain. My legs are so ridiculously sore. This was just the fit test. Another words, this was just to see what type of shape you are in and how much you need to improve. Looks like we'll be needing to improve a lot. At one point, I couldn't get up. I just laid on the floor.
I don't consider myself to be that out of shape, but this DVD has me thinking otherwise. I figured I'd start doing it to switch up my work out routine. I was running for an hour and then doing an ab work out for about 15-30 mins a day. This, work out, is a bit more intense.
I'm really looking forward to sticking with this, for some reason I'm excited to be doing it. I find myself thinking at work how I need to get out of work to get home to work out. I feel like that's really strange. I have never been excited to work out. We'll see how long that last though after I've worked out every day for a week. I hope that Chancho sticks with it as well. I'm thinking that since we're doing it together, we'll keep each other motivated.

Day 1 Results: Fit Test
Switch Kicks: 78
Power Jacks: 35
Power Knees: 70
Power Jumps: 23
Globe Jumps: 4.5
Suicide Jumps: 6
Push Up Jacks: 2
Low Plank Oblique: 25

You can obviously see where my weakness is. It is also clear as to how tired I got as I moved on. I'll post my results for next weeks Fit Test to hopefully show improvement. Tomorrow we'll be working on cardio. Fingers are crossed that my legs can handle it.

Listening to: Insane In the Brain by Cypress Hill
Quote of the Day: "Pain nourishes courage. You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you." - Mary Tyler Moore

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I finally started my Wii Fit Plus....too tired for anything extreme right now,lol

    Great job, sounds like hard workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that so bad! But I'm too cheap to get it LOL, mostly b/c I have bought tons of workout DVDs in the past and only used them once or twice. I'd love to hear how it goes for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's intense! Good for you for sticking with it. I love working out with a partner, it always works best for me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete