Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Determined

The Biggest Loser season started yesterday. I've been a very big fan of the show since season 2. My roommate got me hooked. I even started to schedule my classes around it, that's how hooked I got. It's a 2 hour show, but it's so inspiring. As most seasons go, the contestants get heavier than the season before. This season, I could not believe it, the amount of weight that these contestants weigh is just unbelievable! I'm so happy that they are doing something about it and helping not only themselves but others in their lives and ultimately everyone who comes across the show. It's too early for me to pick out who I'll be routing for the most, but I have an idea in mind.

I love that they are doing more and more for the contestants with each season. Instead of just sending them home to do it on their own, they have given them guidance and support, even a little competition to keep them motivated. Each season I feel like they learn from the past and are able to adjust to making things better for those that really need help. I'm really glad that they've started doing the "Trainer Tips", which gives you a 30 second snippet of how to work out better. I also like the tips that they give you on how to eat better. It airs every Tuesday night at 8pm on NBC. Give it a trial run.

I am determined to loose the weight this time around. Not that I need to loose a whole bunch of it, but I do need to loose 30-35 lbs. I find it so hard in the winter time, I am not a gym person. I'd much rather be outside running than inside on a treadmill. Chancho has set his goal and is considering joining a Court Gym. I'm not really sure what that is, but from the sounds of it, it's a place where you can place basketball, tennis, soccer, any group sports along with having the traditional weight room available. Our friend Zach and him want to join together. Chancho suggested I join with them, but I'd much rather join a regular gym so I can go while Chancho's at work or on my own time. I've never been big into working out in front of people, however, maybe that's what I need in order to keep myself motivated.

We shall see how it turns out. I might have to make a competition between Chancho and myself to keep us both going. It's definitely something for us both to work on.

Listening to: "Bitter Sweet Smphony" by The Verve
Quote of the Day: "Chances slip away while you're looking for guarantees."

No comments:

Post a Comment