Thursday, January 7, 2010

Film Strips

I got a scanner for Christmas and I have been scanning a few things here and there, but I'm really waiting until my external hard drive comes before I do any heavy work. My ultimate goal is to scan the million pictures that the family has so that they will be organized and saved. So far I am loving the scanner. It has the capability to reduce the fading on the pictures, remove scratches and fix the backlighting problems in some photos. It also allows me to scan the negatives. There are a bunch of negatives just laying around that we don't know where the pictures are to them. This was my practice run at using the negative holder in the scanner. I am also practicing on how to use the photoshop program that came with the scanner. The pictures that I scanned were from a roll of film that I had in my purse for over a year and finally decided to get developed. I picked out a few to share.
















Quote of the Day: "I don't love you because of what you do, or what you don't do. I just love you." - Alias

 

2 comments:

  1. I have two LARGE cardboard boxes FULL of old family photos. It was good when I started, but honestly, I'm getting a bit tired of it. And I notice that pics from the mid-70s have some funky moire patterning that is really hard to remove, even with Photoshop.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete