Sunday, January 3, 2010

Harold's NY Deli

January 2nd is my father's birthday. We usually don't do much for it because it is right after Christmas and no one ever has enough money to spend on anything extravagant, but this year we all saved a little extra so we would be able to go to Harold's New York Deli. It's a restaurant, but the portions are ginormous! And I mean ginormous. They are made to serve 2-3 or 5-6 people. It was so funny watching everyone's face when the food arrived at the table. Even the drinks were giant sized. You never want to order anything large because it will come 3x the size you want it to be. They also have a pickle bar. I never new there were so many different pickles that you could make a bar out of them all, but there are! They also have extra bread so when you order a sandwich you can make smaller sandwiches. We ordered an eclair. A simple eclair and out comes this 18" eclair. It was bigger than my cat. It probably weighs more than my cat too. We got plenty of leftovers, which will probably feed us until Tuesday.
The entire family was able to go, including my dad's sister and her husband. Chancho wasn't able to make it because he signed up for overtime. Here are the pictures of our meals.

 This was my dad's meal that he shared with his brother-in-law. So this is only half.

French fries for the table.


This was my meal that I shared with my mom. (Roast beef with cheddar cheese and bacon)

My sister and her husband's meal. (Bacon hamburger)


My brother-in-law ordered chili fries

My brother and his wife ordered a meatball sub

And here it is! The eclair!!








Listening to: "You Can Count On Me" by Default
Quote of the Day: “Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.” - Hal Borland

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your Dad!
    wowza all that food looks so yummy!send me some of that eclair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's insane! At least it can feed a good sized family for a few days. :) That looks like a blast though.

    I really love when you do NYC posts because I just love the city. I've always wanted to live there so this way I get to live vicariously through you, right?

    I just got caught up on all your posts and it looks like you had a fabulous holiday! I loved seeing all your gift ideas and decorations.

    ReplyDelete