Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Room ReDo

I know that I've been talking about redecorating since August or probably even sooner, but it seems that I just haven't gotten around to it. The thought is just always there, but no action behind it. I'm determined to have it all finished by the summer. That should give me plenty of time to get it completed. Except now, I have more plans to add on to my redo. I've decided that it's time that I have my own desk. My mother's desk is in my room taking up a large quantity of space, where I'd like to have my desk, but since she's not going anywhere, I have compromised and have figured out something better for myself.
Right now at work we have this Elfa sale going on. To sum it up quickly, it's just a closet component system that makes you super organized and looks pretty. We are so involved with this sale that I'm starting to dream about it and it's coming up in almost every conversation. Pathetic I know. I do however get 50% off of it. Sooooo my dream plan is to make a closet/desk out of it. I have a 6 ft wall space that I can use. I figure I can somehow fit a closet and desk in there. I may be dreaming too big, but at least there's a dream right? I'm going to speak to one of our closet designers tomorrow during or probably after work to see what they can come up with to make me dance every time I walk into my room.

Before I can actually go through with all of this I need to:
  • paint the room white
  • paint one wall a shade of red (still to be determined)
  • refinish the floor
  • donate a coach (Anyone in need of a coach?? It has a queen bed that pulls out)
  • donate an armoire
  • buy a new comforter or duvet cover
  • buy new sheets to match new comforter
Then I can finally hang up my pictures and posters. That can be easily done by June right?? Chancho will be gone for a whole month, I'm thinking this will be the thing to keep me occupied from missing him too much during that time.
Now all I have to do, is get it done.

Quote of the Day:   “Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

No comments:

Post a Comment