Monday, January 18, 2010

Last Upgrade

I am definitely, officially sick now. Nothing more than a cold, but it sure is dragging me down. I don't have much energy, but yet I have enough to function through the day. I pulled myself out of bed this morning at 4am to get to work. I had a rough morning, as the cold medicine wasn't helping that much. I was sniffling all over the place. Hand sanitizer was my best friend. I didn't have any patience whatsoever for any complaining customers today, especially when they're complaining that we don't have the same shipping policy as another store. Tough luck lady, go to the other store.
Straight from work Chancho picked me up to head over to Honda. We spent a lovely 3 and a half hours there. He got one two new cars! That's right, not one, but TWO.  He somehow managed to get a deal to get the Pilot and the FIT. He traded in his Accord and his Mitsubishi Endeavor. The Pilot is massive. I can't see myself driving it, at least not yet. I'm sure once I get used to it I'll be fine. He got that one fully loaded, minus the navigation, in black. The FIT, he got the basic model, in blue. I truly struggled to stay coherent while we waited for everything to go through. I really wanted to sneak out and lay in the backseat of one of the cars til everything was final. It was worth the wait though. Chancho is very happy and that's all that matters. He swears to me that these are the last new cars that he's buying for another 17 years. I'll give him another 2 years, if that. What Chancho wants, Chancho gets.

I'm finally home, snuggled in my bed, dayquil taken, ate some chicken noodle soup, the cat is fed and I'm ready to watch some Law & Order SVU on Netflix. Hopefully I can rest up for another 5am shift tomorrow.

Quote of the Day: "We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people." -Martin Luther King Jr.

1 comment: